Autoimmune Blistering Disease Fellowship
The Department of Dermatology at Emory University is pleased to announce a fully-funded, 1- year, post-graduate fellowship in autoimmune blistering diseases. The fellowship is oriented to career development of a junior academic dermatologist in the field of autoimmune blistering diseases to further our understanding of disease pathophysiology and advancing therapeutics as well as to launch an investigative career.
The fellowship is open to board certified or board eligible dermatologists.
Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in the management of several hundred patients followed in the Emory Autoimmune Blistering Disease Clinic to enhance their knowledge of these diseases along with unique management issues that arise.
- The fellow will focus on developing research questions from clinical observations and contribute to ongoing research projects including clinical trials.
- The fellow will have protected academic time to expand on novel clinical observations, improve writing skills, apply for grant funding and present findings to other trainees and the dermatology community, all of which are integral to becoming a translational scientist.
- At Emory University, the fellow will have access to multiple aspects of autoimmune blistering diseases including diagnostics, basic science collaborations in the fields of immunology, cell biology, and neurosciences and development of novel therapeutics. Statistical support is also available.
The fellowship is directed by Ron Feldman, MD, PhD, who is the Director of the Autoimmune Blistering Disease Clinic at Emory.
- The Fellow will work under the supervision of Dr. Feldman and be able to interact with trainees at various levels.
- Upon completion of the fellowship, the fellow should be prepared to comfortably manage these complex patients and conduct translational research in an academic setting.
- Opportunities to staff an independent clinic in general dermatology may be available but are not mandatory.
Applicants should submit a CV and all inquiries to:
Ron J. Feldman, MD, PhD
Director of the Autoimmune Blistering Disease Clinic
Emory University Department of Dermatology
1525 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322